Search

Saturday, March 10, 2018

What is a reasonable price to pay for a used Sony PS1 memory card?

  1. Boards
  2. Nonstop Gaming - General
  3. What is a reasonable price to pay for a used Sony PS1 memory card?
PLUTO44 2 days ago#1
I spent $20 for a grey Sony one at a used game store in 2015.

Was that too much?

What do you consider a fair price?
Always check to see if your ice cream is poisoned before consuming. And if it is, your parents obviously don't love you. - David A.
Waaaaayyyy too much.

They are currently around £6 or less on EBay
Treat trolls how they treat you. They hate it and that's hilarious.
Pony is classed as flaming. Drone isn't. Double standard confirmed.
Neo-Violen 2 days ago#3
One dollar.
pikey87 2 days ago#4
$1-5 used. $5-10 new aftermarket.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.
Flamey 2 days ago#5
Official Sony cards can be $5-8 US on ebay. On occasion, you will see a few Japanese sellers sell tons for those prices. You can't choose colours but that didn't concern me when I bought one of them off ebay last May.

Got a crystal clear card wiyh a Yu Yu Hakusho sticker on it.
Hamsters: Sandwich meat of the future.
I only spent $20 on a used Sony PS1 card at a Microplay because I wanted one NOW at the time. I got a copy of Xenogears and didn't want to risk save issues as I was told the game was finicky with third party memory cards.

Crazy how cheap you can get them now.
fawfulmark2 2 days ago#7
PSX era?

2-4 at lowest, 10-12 at highest(maybe).
"Every Failure, an opportunity to betterment. Don't succumb to fear or shyness-Fail Faster, because failing is how we get it right."
-Extra Credits
fawfulmark2 posted...
PSX era?

2-4 at lowest, 10-12 at highest(maybe).

Yeah. The more uncommon colours can be a few dollars more.
Arc166 2 days ago#9
if they didnt give u it for free u got ripped off lol
I'd sell it for $5 at most.

I'd still feel bad doing it at that price, but just feels wrong to give it away for free :|
I've never bought a Sony memory card and I never had a problem saving games on third party cards on my ps1 or ps2. This includes Xenogears.

Just go for third party memory cards.
metaIslugg 2 days ago#12
I have one that has a button. If you press it it switches to player 2 saves. It splits them up
Exar Kun 1 day ago#13
metaIslugg posted...
I have one that has a button. If you press it it switches to player 2 saves. It splits them up


Careful with those. Some memory cards did stuff like that to fit more saves on the same size device. If you used all the slots some of the saves would eventually corrupt themselves. Assuming what you have is what I'm thinking of.
Holder of the Nine Dignities of Shuism
LuigisBro 1 day ago#14
you have to look out for counterfeits
Vigrim 1 day ago#15
I would just call/check pawn shops if I needed one.
dooper5 8 hours ago#16
My city STILL sells used PS1 memory cards for dumb prices. Plus, $40 for a brand new in package Sony card? What a joke.
  1. Boards
  2. Nonstop Gaming - General 
  3. What is a reasonable price to pay for a used Sony PS1 memory card?7

No comments:

Post a Comment