Search

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Do you regret buying the Xbox 1x if the next generation comes out 2020?

  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you regret buying the Xbox 1x if the next generation comes out 2020?
Do you regret buying Xbox 1x if next generation comes out 2020? - Results (136 votes)
Yes, I regret buying the Xbox 1 x.
19.85%
27
No, I don't regret buying the Xbox 1x.
80.15%
109
2020 is pretty close. Do you regret buying the Xbox 1x?
nems1015 1 day ago#2
I've had amazing gaming experiences on my X1 so no, I don't regret having it.

Assuming I continue gaming after this gen, I'll know to not buy a console at launch since they will have a more optimal version later on. 

First time I won't buy an Xbox at launch since the original
Currently playing : COD: Blops4 (X1), NBA2K18 (X1), Diablo 3 (X1), Farcry 5 (X1), Skyrim (X1)
devnull520 1 day ago#3
I gladly would buy new hardware revisions every 2-3 years.
da_StoOge 1 day ago#4
Nope. 

Four years of four times better graphics for only a few hundred dollars. People spend more upgrading their phone each year.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"
Iscratchmyballs posted...
2020 is pretty close. Do you regret buying the Xbox 1x?


Nah. Got money now. I’ll buy a special edition Xbox one x of gears of war Too

da_StoOge posted...
Nope. 

Four years of four times better graphics for only a few hundred dollars. People spend more upgrading their phone each year.


That is an excellent point
"Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"
(edited 1 day ago)reportquote
TXGUY147 1 day ago#6
devnull520 posted...
I gladly would buy new hardware revisions every 2-3 years.


I totally agree. Every 7 years with a system that is already out of date or at best midrange at launch becomes a dinosaur after a couple years. Its not expensive if you just trade in your old console for a new one. 10-12 bucks a month putting a way will cover it.
Maverickneo 1 day ago#7
Absolutely not. Not one bit. I will gladly buy the next console in 3-4 years.

However, I do like the idea of some kind of trade in.
Free phone game ideology, wall grind, pay to win, loot box system has no place in a paid console game.
(edited 1 day ago)reportquote
Manservice 1 day ago#8
You could just trade the X in. Don’t see why anyone would regret buying it, especially if they got a good deal on the X
BeefEaster 1 day ago#9
no

how would I play games now if the new consoles don't come out til 2020?
No regrets. Gave the base model to my older brother so now we can game online together.
"Good news, soldier. Your leg only got a scratch. Bad news is your leg is over there." Col. Archibald Barisol, 1968
Zombody2 1 day ago#11
Not at all. I get more use out of the X than any other console I’ve ever owned.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.
bob15x 1 day ago#12
Iscratchmyballs posted...
2020 is pretty close. Do you regret buying the Xbox 1x?


2 years is not pretty close
Jester69 1 day ago#13
bob15x posted...
Iscratchmyballs posted...
2020 is pretty close. Do you regret buying the Xbox 1x?


2 years is not pretty close
RS_YELARAKA 23 hours ago#14
It's the reason I haven't upgraded.
[RSG] Red Screen Gaming
GT - YELARAKA / Switch FC: 1432-0183-6634
Beasthunt 20 hours ago#15
I don't buy for the future, I buy for now. 

Fortunately for the majority of us accidentally intelligent people who didn't start gaming yesterday; we know technology moves quick so our intelligence outweighs our sense of entitlement and we purchase knowing/hoping something better is on the horizon. Not thinking how offended we will be when a new console is released in the next ten years and we didn't get one for free.
Acts 2:38.
Gambit916 20 hours ago#16
Not at all.
FireDrakeZ 18 hours ago#17
I don't regret it at all. I am a late adopter on consoles starting with the Xbox 360 S and now the Xbox One X. It helps avoid the pitfalls that you normally encounter by being an early adopter. I will just wait for a later model next gen Xbox console to appear years later with a lot of discounted Xbox exclusives to choose from. In the meantime I have a gaming PC to tide me over.
EastCoastKody 16 hours ago#18
why would anyone regret it. Its fantastic.

it actually kinda worked out good that not so many ppl bought xboxes. Cuz now this things selling good.

meanwhile nobody will buy the damn PS4 Pro even tho its also pretty awesome. But i think PS4 sold so damn fast....and the Pro came out too soon, that everyone was like screw that. Shame.
geertmatthys 16 hours ago#19
I'll buy another x in 2019 in case new one turns out complete ass or a jet engine. I have enough games for decades anyway
djwagon 16 hours ago#20
why reget buying the project scorpio edition at launch .hell no .i bought the x1s 2tb at launched enjoyed that for 11 months,then have the x1x ,will do the same with the one coming .instead of the x1s as back-up if the x1x fails. i will use the x1x as back-up to the new system if that fails and i have to send it in

you voice your opinion on here and you get attacked for it. opinions is like a two lane street on here. yours is never correct
link0316 14 hours ago#21
Not at all.
RE4 is one of the greatest games ever made.
AltiarLio 12 hours ago#22
Nah I’ll be happy, I got my few years out of it and I can then donate it to someone who will love it when I’ve moved on.
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.
Teremei 12 hours ago#23
I am avoiding that regret by not buying xbox one. But I did buy a PS4 Pro and you could say I regret that. Since I'm just going to switch to Xbox Scarlett because of BC.
Currently playing Let's go Pikachu and Octopath Traveller
AWarAmp84 12 hours ago#24
I purposely did not upgrade to the X because I knew a new console was only a year or two away. I'm very frugal with my gaming purchases.
Go Leafs go!
(edited 12 hours ago)reportquote
wildstrike1516 12 hours ago#25
Despite 17 people saying they regret it I haven't seen a single person post they regret it. Must people PS4 Pro users getting their consoles mixed up. Also no I don't regret it.
"the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?" - Jim Ryan, Sony Interactive Entertainment
chex81 12 hours ago#26
Why would someone buy an X, we knowingly expect the next Xbox and PS to come out in 2020...so if you do regret it, kinda your own fault.
XBL/PSN/NID: chex81
MachineZed 12 hours ago#27
I bought my Xbox One X in April, you are asking me if, that is still a pretty big if, Microsoft releases a new console 2 years from right now I regret my purchase?

What console would I be playing for the next 2 years? I don’t typically purchase a new console when it first launches, so add another year where devs continue to support the older gen console and the new one. 

Think that through. Should you regret buying a 2080 for $2000 because in 2 years time they will make a newer better video card?

Technology is always advancing, I am not looking to keep up with the Jones’ I am looking to keep myself happy.
Stop trolling him. Me and Kinjo are trying to have an intelligent conversation. -SayGoDj
I just bought mine last month and the answer is no. Even if next gen starts in 2020 it won’t have anything worth playing till 2022. Just like this gen was worthless till 2015.
(edited 11 hours ago)reportquote
Teremei 11 hours ago#29
I'll buy xbox scarlet and if there are no amazing launch games I'll play some 360 games I own that I never beat on it, Lost Odyysey and Blue Dragon.
Currently playing Let's go Pikachu and Octopath Traveller
Oxn518 11 hours ago#30
Nope, because i won mine off Taco Bell.
i3 8350k | Zotac GTX 1060 | 16gig DDR4 ram
Every1hasAids 9 hours ago#31
BeefEaster posted...
no

how would I play games now if the new consoles don't come out til 2020?

Xbox One S 🙄🥴. You prefer quality over performance. And that’s exactly what you’re ONLY getting.
Favorite fighting game: Tekken
Least favorite fighting game: Smash Bros.
ab2c4 9 hours ago#32
No. I am enjoying the 1X now and will for the next two years plus.
MetalZoic 9 hours ago#33
No.
2020 is forever since the X launched. 3 years certainly isn't "pretty close". I'd really prefer new hardware in 2019 though.
2018_GT 9 hours ago#34
Nope, it's only a few day's worth of work for thousands of hours of entertainment.
2018_GT 9 hours ago#35
Every1hasAids posted...
BeefEaster posted...
no

how would I play games now if the new consoles don't come out til 2020?

Xbox One S 🙄🥴. You prefer quality over performance. And that’s exactly what you’re ONLY getting.

Most games perform better on the 1X than any other console actually.
BeefEaster 9 hours ago#36
Every1hasAids posted...
BeefEaster posted...
no

how would I play games now if the new consoles don't come out til 2020?

Xbox One S 🙄🥴. You prefer quality over performance. And that’s exactly what you’re ONLY getting.


already had a regular xbox one

the subpar performance on top of lackluster resolution in many games wasn't good enough for me
Rome218 8 hours ago#37
I love the x. Enhanced games, even the bc, look great.

3 or 4 years with this is good. I got it at launch.
SpongeBob_SP 7 hours ago#38
Nah. Even if the 2020 rumor is true, it'll most likely be Fall of that year, so I'll have had my X for like 2.5 years, at that point.
athomas917 7 hours ago#39
I have a feeling that of the 2 consoles that get released, one will just be a rebranded X1X and the higher end will be like an X1X - X console. Newer titles will be at least X1X only BC with X1X - X enhancement patches available.
AltiarLio 7 hours ago#40
Every1hasAids posted...
BeefEaster posted...
no

how would I play games now if the new consoles don't come out til 2020?

Xbox One S 🙄🥴. You prefer quality over performance. And that’s exactly what you’re ONLY getting.


You say the dumbest shit
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.
Arizona_Joe 18 minutes ago#41
Calculate how much time you spend gaming and you'll have your answer if it was worth it. 3 years is a long time gaming if you're someone that does it a lot. Considering how awesome 4k, HDR, quick loading, and improved textures upgrade this console has provided me in just this 1 year I know it'll absolutely have proven it's value by 2020.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One 
  3. Do you regret buying the Xbox 1x if the next generation comes out 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment