Search

Saturday, September 30, 2017

final decision... New 2DS XL, or new 3DS XL?

  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. final decision... New 2DS XL, or new 3DS XL?
Zero97 1 week ago#1
I can't make up my mind..
Nintendo Switch: 4293-9334-7515
PSN: FiXalaS
DASHWOOD 1 week ago#2
Edit: Do what the post below says.
I am the first one who claims that the next 2D Metroid game will be "Metroid Dread".
Signed on 24th of August, 2017
(edited 1 week ago)reportquote
Kneesock 1 week ago#3
themegaman7 1 week ago#4
I just had the same dilemma a day ago. I ordered a New 3DSXL. Mostly because the idea of having the speakers under the system sounds all kinds of terrible to me.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)
Triple_Aitch 1 week ago#5
Get the 2DS XL. It costs $50 less, comes with a charger, has an overall smaller footprint and looks a loot nicer. You can use the money saved on Metroid :)
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...
If you can wait a couple months, hopefully one of them will get a worthwhile bundle/deal for Black Friday.
WebsandWigs 1 week ago#7
I really liked the 2DSXL, but the option of having the 3D kept nagging at me, so I traded it in for a used 3DSXL. Overall, I'd say the 2DSXL is better, so it really depends on how much you think you'll miss the 3D.
ObZen46 1 week ago#8
Go with 3DSXL
PSN: rob302
Switch: SW-6156-5316-3129
xyntek 1 week ago#9
I couldn't decide either, so I picked the 3DS-XL. If I don't want to play on 3D, just turn it off and you will have the 2DS XL.
PSN: Xyntek | Xbox Live: Xyntek01
MrSVR06 1 week ago#10
2Ds XL. Cheaper, sleeker, and comes with a charger.
What didn't Diddy Do!?
Raccoon1988 1 week ago#11
Charger usb is like 5 bucks?

N2dsxl looks cheap and less durable than n3dsxl. Nintendo ways of expanding profit with cheaper materials and built.
Yo-kai Watch 
Cuteness is Justice!!!
I would get the regular new 3ds IMO. I got a refurb new 3ds for $125 from Nintendo, and it was a great decision. Since the screen is smaller, the games look better due to the higher pixel density. I am now able to tolerate Tales of the Abyss 3D now compared to the new 3ds XL.
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos |Steam, PSN & NNID- Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One S | PS4 Pro | Nintendo Switch | PC | Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U | N3DS XL | PS Vita
(edited 1 week ago)reportquote
Cocco 1 week ago#13
This is posted almost every week, don't know why people don't look at older posts. Honestly, I missed the count of how many times I answered so here is a copy/paste:

Well, after a day or two of thinking I bought a n3dsxl anyway (got to change my n3ds). At this point in 3ds family life span I think there is very little point in buying an old 3ds or the old 2ds (an even lower price can be the only real reason). 
N2ds is cheaper, smaller and lighter compared to a n3dsxl. The home button is in a good position, 3d is off most of the time anyway on 3ds, the cartridge cover reduce dust problems and SD card is finally easily accessible. Not to mention that it looks good. Still the cons outweight pros for me given my personal preferences. Volume slider was put in a very uncomfortable position just below your left palm, the speakers were relocated where you may easily cover them (I often lay my 3ds over me to minimize the effort and the part where the speakers are right now would be covered almost always) and from a sound "test" I saw online it looks like they are lower quality too (maybe just because of the position that faces your body and not your face). The back camera was relocated too in a debatable way, this won't however affect almost any game (pokemon dream radar is the only one that comes to my mind). Seems that the battery has a shorter lifespan too (1 hour less compared to N3DSXL from what I read). For an ergonomic device, those sharp edges may become quite uncomfortable during longer sessions. Screens looks good, but I had the impression that they lack in contrast (plus, for now it seems that only TN screens are used).
The n2DS may be cheaper, but if you have a job 50 euros doesn't change that much for a device you may want to use daily for the upcoming years. It's smaller and lighter, but not that much to actually make a big difference (still bigger than N3DS). The SD card is there, but I personally never had to change it in the last 3 years so it's not that important to me. Buying mostly physical and a 16gb card is big enough to have every digital exclusive I may want. The home button relocation is not that important and the covered cartridge slot may be not that important as well once you take into account the cons compared to a 3DSXL. By the way, my game boy still works well and it have no cover so with care you can avoid problems. But, honestly, that cover with SD card relocation is the only real pro for me.

I prefer the 3dsxl. Other people prefer n2ds. Pros and cons on both sides and what you prefer depends on what you want most. It's up to you. Price, home button, SD card relocation and cartridge slot cover says n2ds (also weight and size, but again... Not that huge difference). Screens, volume slider, battery, audio quality says N3DSXL. It's a matter of preference. For me the N2DSXL pros weren't so important as those of N3DSXL.
LuigiFan835 1 week ago#14
New 2DS XL. Easier to access SD Card, matte finish, cheaper, comes with a charger,
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
(edited 1 week ago)reportquote
Skull_pro 1 week ago#15
Blue Bomber 99 posted...
If you can wait a couple months, hopefully one of them will get a worthwhile bundle/deal for Black Friday.

This.

If you can't wait:

New 2DS XL: 150$ (200$ in Canada)comes with a charger. No 3D, feels a bit cheap, has weird camera positions, sound is not as great (when not using headphones) but is much lighter.

New 3DS XL: 200$ (240$ in Canada, or 215$ in Amazon.ca) does NOT come with a 15$ charger (20$ in Canada) Has stable 3D effect, doesn't feel as cheap, is heavier but has bettee sound (if not using headphones) also has the possibility of getting IPS screens, if you are a TN screen hater.


Both jave their pros or cons. I don't think the price of the 3DS is worth the minor pluses it has. BUT if you absolutely hate having headphones, I'd still reccomend the 3DS over the 2DS. If you donct care about 3d and play with headphones, get the 2DS.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/
I just got the new 3ds xl galaxy. Build quality, sound quality, and 3D are important to me. Also the screen reflection will get old quick outdoors. Basically everything else is trivial. If the 2dsxl was priced at like 120-130 I can see that as a fair deal. Just 50 dollars less than a more premium model isn't. This is just my opinion, but it makes sense. I think 2ds xl has a demographic but I don't think it's priced right. Also Samus Returns, Zelda, Mario's and more look great in 3D. It adds something to portable gaming no other system does.
(edited 1 week ago)reportquote
The_Orignal 1 week ago#17
MrSVR06 posted...
2Ds XL. Cheaper, sleeker, and comes with a charger.

I don't want to make another topic, but I have the new 3DS XL should I get a 2DS XL??? It looks better in design, and I really want it lol should I get it???
Thorspider 1 week ago#18
To the TC, I would get the N3dsxl over the N2dsxl, if money isn't an object.

Fact is that there are games that use the 3d very well and show the full potential that the developer went for. A lot of people aren't used to using 3d because it wasn't as convenient to use in the older model, but the face tracking is much improved in the "new" variation. Games that come to mind for me where I love the 3d are metroid Samus returns, Zelda albw, kid icarus uprising, and Mario 3d land. Plenty more, but those are the one I think of first.

I just think it's always better to have the option to use 3d over not having the option. If budget is a concern, the n2dsxl is perfectly fine. 

And neither of them come with a charger fyi.
Finn-X 1 week ago#19
2DSXL: TN screens

N3DSXL: Some have IPS screens
The speaker placement looks really illogical on the N2DS XL.
Ohio State Buckeyes: 2014-15 National Champions
2DS XL is just a 3DS without the 3D, which you can turn off...so basically it's for non gamers that want to save money or people who dont like 3D. i personally find the model also uglier than the 3DS but thats me.
Currently playing:
Persona 5 (PS4), Super Smash Bros (3DS), Metroid Samus Returns (3DS), Splatoon 2 (Switch)
Solid Sonic 1 week ago#22
If I bought one right now, I'd say the n2DS XL.
DorkLink said I could borrow his signature so I did (see below):
Triple_Aitch posted...
Get the 2DS XL. It costs $50 less, comes with a charger, has an overall smaller footprint and looks a loot nicer. You can use the money saved on Metroid :)

This is the only acceptable answer.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif
Get a N3DSXL it's very often sold at the same price as a N2DSXL at some stores. Better build quality and decent audio without having to use s***ty earbuds that gradually shorten the time it will take for you to become deaf.
I'm from Brazil. We seldom have any decent sales and even here they've been selling N3DSXL WITH A GAME at the price of a N2DSXL with just a charger... which costs like 5 dollars.
"Deadpool is just as formulaic the Avengers films it so relentlessly strives not to be."
cymanx 1 week ago#25
Ignoring the cameras, the only real issue are the garbage speakers on the 2DS XL. This is an easy problem to get around, because all you have todo is use a good set of headphones. How many of us voice chat with a headset? My pair of Microsoft Stereo Headphones work great for these kinds of situations. So I would consider a 2DS XL.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.
este914 1 week ago#26
Triple_Aitch posted...
Get the 2DS XL. It costs $50 less, comes with a charger, has an overall smaller footprint and looks a loot nicer. You can use the money saved on Metroid :)
--
-
este914 1 week ago#27
@Zero97 
So what did you decide on?
--
-
Tkmajing 1 week ago#28
New 2DS XL.
You can't have a nightmare, if you never dream.
GeneraLight 1 week ago#29
N3DS > N3DS XL > N2DS XL > o3DS > o3DS XL > o2DS
(edited 1 week ago)reportquote
N3DSXL if you want the better machine
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 538
Gargomon251 1 week ago#31
If your eyes work properly, and you have the money, get 3DS.


That's pretty much the only deciding factors.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
Sarlandogo 1 week ago#32
New3dsxl

better build quailty and has great ergonomics overall
PSN: Nirlandogo (JP) GeneralRevil369 (SG) 3DS: 3067- 9028 - 2506 FC: SW-8480-5066-8326
SRW FANBOY Currently Playing SRW V and Z2 Saisei-hen
Zero97 6 days ago#33
este914 posted...
@Zero97 
So what did you decide on?


I did not buy the system yet... was still very conflicted.

Since I already have a charger and I don't mind paying the extra $50 for better audio and better battery life, my decision is on 3DS XL. the looks is in that Pokeball 2DS though, damn it hurts.
Nintendo Switch: 4293-9334-7515
PSN: FiXalaS
Semeki 6 days ago#34
Zero97 posted...
este914 posted...
@Zero97 
So what did you decide on?


I did not buy the system yet... was still very conflicted.

Since I already have a charger and I don't mind paying the extra $50 for better audio and better battery life, my decision is on 3DS XL. the looks is in that Pokeball 2DS though, damn it hurts.

Ew. No. Just get the galaxy or samus one. The 2DSXL looks bad and cheap, you can add a pokeball skin or something
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.
Gargomon251 6 days ago#35
Zero97 posted...
este914 posted...
@Zero97 
So what did you decide on?


I did not buy the system yet... was still very conflicted.

Since I already have a charger and I don't mind paying the extra $50 for better audio and better battery life, my decision is on 3DS XL. the looks is in that Pokeball 2DS though, damn it hurts.

I didn't realize the audio had changed between any of the various 3DS/2DS models honestly.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
Krazy_Kirby 5 days ago#36
Triple_Aitch posted...
Get the 2DS XL. It costs $50 less, comes with a charger, has an overall smaller footprint and looks a loot nicer. You can use the money saved on Metroid :)


it also has a smaller screen
XGalt 5 days ago#37
I just made this decision last night. I went New 3DSXL. The straw that broke the camels back was the speaker placement on the 2DSXL. I went through bad speaker placement on my last iPhone and I don't use headsets when I game with my 3DS.
GT/PSN: GnuX
Friend Code: 2423 2338 8193
N2DS XL

Sleeker design (IMO), cheaper, comes with charger, and better SD card placement.

I also NEVER use the 3D feature, nor do I care about the speakers since I play on silent most of the time.
GT: ShadowElite86
ShadowElite86 posted...
N2DS XL

Sleeker design (IMO), cheaper, comes with charger, and better SD card placement.

I also NEVER use the 3D feature, nor do I care about the speakers since I play on silent most of the time.

The speaker placement on that model is beyond stupid.
Ohio State Buckeyes: 2014-15 National Champions
knightmere122 posted...
ShadowElite86 posted...
N2DS XL

Sleeker design (IMO), cheaper, comes with charger, and better SD card placement.

I also NEVER use the 3D feature, nor do I care about the speakers since I play on silent most of the time.

The speaker placement on that model is beyond stupid.

I'm not disagreeing, but it's irrelevant to me since I don't play with the sound on.
GT: ShadowElite86
dextorboot 5 days ago#41
Pay attention to how you currently hold your 3DS. I've been thinking about upgrading because my current OG XL has a hinge that's ready to go, so I'm basically trying to make the same decision. I've started paying really close attention to how I play and hold the system. My hands never cup the bottom of the system or get near where the speakers are on the 2DSXL, but I do see a lot pictures online of people playing with the corners of the system sitting right in their palms so it could be an issue for some.
Gargomon251 4 days ago#42
ShadowElite86 posted...
I also NEVER use the 3D feature, nor do I care about the speakers since I play on silent most of the time.

XYRRg2l
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
Gargomon251 posted...
ShadowElite86 posted...
I also NEVER use the 3D feature, nor do I care about the speakers since I play on silent most of the time.

XYRRg2l

Too much to name.
GT: ShadowElite86
dextorboot 4 days ago#44
I rarely have the volume up on mine either.
Gargomon251 posted...
ShadowElite86 posted...
I also NEVER use the 3D feature, nor do I care about the speakers since I play on silent most of the time.

XYRRg2l


Christ you are a weirdo.
and I can not lie
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS 
  3. final decision... New 2DS XL, or new 3DS XL?

No comments:

Post a Comment