Search

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

How do you guys handle your backlog?

  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do you guys handle your backlog?
Shibby_123 1 day ago#1
I should stop buying games as I have too many games to play, as a result I've played the beginning of about 10 games that I can see will be great. Only problem is I have no idea where to start. How do you guys handle this? Picking one game and just pushing through till you get hooked or do you play multiple games slowly until you find one you click with?
PolkaGnome 1 day ago#2
I wanted to come up with a smart ass answer, but I'm too tired...

I just go with whatever sounds fun at the time, but I gave up on ever completing my backlog ages ago (it's impossible; I own at least 800 games over all my systems). Doesn't help that I tend to get distracted by other games after I get about 2/3rds of the way through a given title (and if/when I do return to it, I almost always end up starting from the beginning).
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon
MHGen: Wren - HR7 Bow main; learning HH
MawiocUdwoc 1 day ago#3
I just play whatever I feel like playing, but I tend to separate my games into groups:

- Regulars, which are games that I play constantly and in most cases they have no story or set objective, such as any Animal Crossing, puzzle games like Picross or Pokemon Shuffle, Mario Parties, shooting games online, etc. Actually just about any game can fall within this category when all I'm doing is collect or grind (say, Pokemon games).

- Semi-regulars, which I play occasionally since they don't need me to focus on them as much, such as any fighting game, any shooting game, any games I've already beaten a bunch of times or just about any game not heavily story-driven.

- Deep-focus, which are games that require me to pay them a good amount of attention (especially if it's the first time I'm playing them), usually RPGs or adventure games that are story-driven, especially if it's easy to lose track of it. I try to play not too many of these at a time, but I can't play just a single game either.

I also keep buying games despite having a ton of games I have yet to beat (some even never played before) but I always get anything from my wishlist if I come across it and it's cheap and in good conditions, better get it now even if I won't play it, than wanting it later when it becomes harder to find or more expensive.
(edited 1 day ago)quote
By buying more games on sale!! Wait...
All Hail Beauty Queen Etna's Nice Body!
::dood::
Shibby_123 1 day ago#5
NinjaPirateDood posted...
By buying more games on sale!! Wait...


We're on the same boat here. Awesome but sucks at the same time :(
Skull_pro 1 day ago#6
I just play whatever I feel like playing. I've been playing Atelier Shallie Plus on Vita for the past few weeks, but went to play Akuba's beat (again, on Vita) quite a bit in the past 2 days.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/
ThatSageGuy 1 day ago#7
I don't buy games that often, so when I do get one, I'll play it until I finish the "main game".
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007
HyperonicX 1 day ago#8
One, or two games at a time.

But it usually depends on how I feel. Sometimes it takes up to a whole year before I play some games on my backlog, and others maybe even straight away!

Heck, there are some games I have bought on sale that I can't even play yet, like some PC games, cause I have a potato for a laptop. (XD!) Of course, I am on the verge of building a new PC, my first custom built PC, so I shouldn't have to wait too long to play those.
Caboose: That also led to a discovery of a land to the north, which Kolumbo called Canada. Canada is Spanish for "You're welcome!"
Sarge: WHAT!?
I pick 1-3 games & play whatever I'm in the mood for, til I don't wanna play anymore. Then I'll just switch to the other game. I usually do 3 because I'll be doing 2 3DS games & one Wii U game at a time.
Welcome to the world, M.J.C. July 13, 2012.
FC: 5043-1457-2180 New Leaf Town: Zodiac
Sashanan 1 day ago#10
One game at a time. Not going very fast, so instead I've cut down on buying stuff I'm not going to be getting around to anyway.
A gentleman will walk, but never run
Generally, I ignore my backlog and buy new games that I don't get around to playing.
GameFAQs likes to hide this feedback link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/feedback/
dextorboot 1 day ago#12
I have a few that I play all the time like Pokemon Shuffle then I'm actively playing 1-2 others. Yes, the backlog is huge.
I'm just playing what interests me. Unfortunately I'm not one to give advice. I bought a Nintendo switch ages ago despite having a massive backlog of 3ds and DS games. Planned to buy 1 game then finish before buying another only to end up with close to 15 games on the switch and many are unfinished.=/

I have a strange habit of buying stuff when I'm depressed or had a bad day. Doesn't exactly make me feel better when I realise I spent too much.....................
Call me nostalgic but the Nintendo 64 and the Sega Megadrive will always be my favourite systems.
0-172 1 day ago#14
I generally play what I want to. Even if that means ignoring the list of games I already own and haven't touched in favor of a new one. For that reason I only just recently got started on Dragon Quest VIII.
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673, Switch FC: SW-4938-4365-6878
Now playing: AC:NL, Splatoon2, Dragon Quest VIII, Yokai Watch 2
my "backlog" of Nintendo DS and 3DS games I still buy old and new games even after I just bought a fairly new game.

im still somewhere in the beginning of Zelda Ocarina but I went and bought bunch of other games from Walmart and off of amazon anyway.. While im sorta busy with Zelda Ocarina, I have other games i bought and theyre part of my backlog

Conception II
Zelda Majora
Luigi's Mansion 2 Dark Moon
Monster Hunter Generations. im at the tail end of the village mission quests but I think i already beat the game months ago anyway I think.
New Super Mario Brothers 1. I still have World 8 to go through and its been a couple of years since I even played New Super Mario Brothers 1
SSjYagami 1 day ago#16
How? I don't. I'm starting to just focus on the cream of the crop and leave anything below perfection alone, but even then I just play the same old multiplayer games.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.
ThatSageGuy posted...
I don't buy games that often, so when I do get one, I'll play it until I finish the "main game".


Keep gaming, my friend! You are the most interesting gamer in the world.
Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
3DS Friend Code 1092-2676-3451 USA East Coast
I don't. I figure they'll all still be there when the MH4U servers finally go dark and I put it down for an extended break. I'll work through them then, to help me cope with Monster Hunter withdrawal.
How many hours can a person hunt monsters and not get bored? ...Uh, don't answer that.
~ The Fishmongress
How we we handle our "backlogs"?

We deal with it. 


That and one game at a time.


Duh
TheSystemFailed posted...
ThatSageGuy posted...
I don't buy games that often, so when I do get one, I'll play it until I finish the "main game".


Keep gaming, my friend! You are the most interesting gamer in the world.


Your sarcasm is noted, and appreciated.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007
sotcokami 1 day ago#21
Honestly, I just play whatever I feel like at the time. Since my interests seem to change a lot, this doesn't really help my backlog. But eh.
Keep the cartridge in the 3DS until you complete it.
wisemidds 1 day ago#23
Badly. I keep buying games!
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
NNID, PSN: wisemidds
Blayshy 1 day ago#24
MasterFox72 posted...
Keep the cartridge in the 3DS until you complete it.

Unless it's digital...
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.
Roy_Turkey 1 day ago#25
Well at this point.. I will be able to play ANYTHING, if say, the "grid" goes down, for....
...uh..... hmmm...... .......still calculating..... uuuuuhh..... .. probably...... mmmmm....








20 Years?
Wanna know what Uranium smells like?... You not need travel very far..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzbvTvlErE0
Spookyryu 1 day ago#26
I cant, lol
itis41269 23 hours ago#27
I buy more games to add to the back log.

Seriously
"Destiny by sinner sought , Tragedy by power wrought "-M'booby
PSN:whatitis4u/friend code:0834-1025-1958/GT:XwhatitisX
Assassin2713 22 hours ago#28
I gave up on finishing NSMB for 3DS.

I still have to go beat Zelda ALBW

Haven't even started Triforce Heroes or Xenoblade for 3DS
Currently: Super Sm4sh Bros, Legend of Zelda BotW/ALBW, Pokemon Sun, Pooch & Yoshi's Wooly World, Bomberman R, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, MHOmega, WWE 2K17
echa_One 22 hours ago#29
I've given up on the idea of finishing my backlogs.
Uglyface2 21 hours ago#30
I wonder if this is a good problem to have?

Anyway, I don't have a good solution to this problem. Sometimes I'll force myself to start a game, any game, just pick one and go with it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS 
  3. How do you guys handle your backlog?

No comments:

Post a Comment