Search

Thursday, September 7, 2017

What's a legitimate criticism you have of the Switch?

  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What's a legitimate criticism you have of the Switch?
hotdogboy96 1 day ago#1
Mines would be the poor wi-fi range. it's just really inconvenient having to move from my room to another. Even my 3DS is able to get 3 bars from a farther distance, while the Switch struggles to get 3 when right next to the router.
Yes.
(edited 1 day ago)quote
Honestly the biggest complaint I have is the lack of a party system. Everything else is great.

I almost never have 3 bars and my router is in the room next to me so I'd agree there though I haven't had loss of experience due to it yet.
(edited 1 day ago)quote
#3
(message deleted)
Churufu 1 day ago#4
No messaging or text on the app, can't believe it doesn't have any way to talk to people on your friends list at all.
PSN: Churufu_Koyo
Switch: SW-7316-0776-3892
How easy it is to knock over when in tabletop mode.
Basically the internet:
https://youtu.be/M5Yqav2Juis
wentzelot 1 day ago#6
bars are not a good indication of true signal.. on any device

that being said my biggest complaint is how you need to use the charger with the dock, and how you need to use the dock to connect to a tv. maybe it's 2 complaints.. but if i have the dock setup in my living room then i need to order a new charger to charge in my bedroom. and if i want to bring my switch to my friends house to play on their tv.. i need to bring the dock with. both of these are inconvenient and detract from the switches versatility and on the go-ness

if anything i wish the docks ports were easier to access and remove/connect cables from. i hate that little door it has.
(edited 1 day ago)quote
Oil_Panic 1 day ago#7
When you take a screenshot while in Greyscale or Inverted Colors mode, the system saves it as a regular color screenshot.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama
bbivens 1 day ago#8
wentzelot posted...
bars are not a good indication of true signal.. on any device

that being said my biggest complaint is how you need to use the charger with the dock, and how you need to use the dock to connect to a tv. maybe it's 2 complaints.. but if i have the dock setup in my living room then i need to order a new charger to charge in my bedroom. and if i want to bring my switch to my friends house to play on their tv.. i need to bring the dock with. both of these are inconvenient and detract from the switches versatility and on the go-ness

if anything i wish the docks ports were easier to access and remove/connect cables from. i hate that little door it has.



This is totally valid... First, I had five bars on my phone yesterday, and couldn't talk to my wife who was at home with five bars, and second, to get around your complaint, I bought me and my two kids three switches... Docks all over the house, and a bunch of happy campers.
Every US Nintendo ever (sans virtual boy)... 
friend code SW-7237-8679-1684 - user name Jkson Pllk (you know, the painter.... Splatoon)
eazyedd3ds 1 day ago#9
That they went back to friend codes
Baha05 1 day ago#10
No folders
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"
These are issues I currently have that hopefully will be rectified: lack of VC and any sort of "standard" applications (browser, Netflix), which several past consoles have launched with. I'm sure they'll come eventually, once the Switch reaches the point of actual release (I refuse to believe that Nintendo wanted to release in March). 

Actual issues that might take a revision to fix: somewhat wacky wifi, low power (it does well mostly, but it would be nice to play some of the larger games without any issues).
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
I would say Online implementation in general... poor microphone concept and bad wi-fi range. Still love the system, I am assuming the revision in a year or two will fix those issues.
Switch: 6101-9489-6414, 3DS: 2638-4326-3928
PS4: kungpowchickn
Mop_it_up 1 day ago#13
No Miiverse or equivalent.
"Who's applauding?" -My sister, whilst playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Mop_it_up?type=posted
sylawaatch 1 day ago#14
No multimedia.
Paid online. I don't care how much cheaper it is in comparison. 

Damn it Nintendo. You were awesome in one of your own ways by still having free online unlike the PS4 and Xbox ONE, and now that's not happening anymore. I would say they should just go back to doing so since they keep delaying us from having to pay for online on it.
CT24 1 day ago#16
No Virtual Console yet.
The lack of streaming apps. Honestly, there shouldn't be services you can get on the Wii U but not the Switch.
mammyMinaji posted...
Paid online. I don't care how much cheaper it is in comparison. 

Damn it Nintendo. You were awesome in one of your own ways by still having free online unlike the PS4 and Xbox ONE, and now that's not happening anymore. I would say they should just go back to doing so since they keep delaying us from having to pay for online on it.

good riddance. it keeps children away who cant afford less than 2 dollars a month
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
0209837474242048207. Add me plz
robeiroman 1 day ago#19
Superlinkbro posted...
How easy it is to knock over when in tabletop mode.


this, I wish the kick stand was better.
Biggest complaint is the home menu in general.
No messaging system, no way to organize things, no themes, it's just so barren.
FC: 3007-9486-8232 IGN: Lucas
GT:Lagochocobo13
Joker13zz 1 day ago#21
That its existence created this system board full of crap.
Want to see humanity at it's worst? Go online and read forums or comment pages!
lukerum 1 day ago#22
Availability at launch was far too low, even though that did not affect me.

Eshop doesn't have a section for demos. You have to search each game and see if it has a demo.

No folders.
lukerum posted...
Availability at launch was far too low, even though that did not affect me.

Eshop doesn't have a section for demos. You have to search each game and see if it has a demo.

No folders.

You can search the word demo and it pops them all up. Still not the best but it's something.
FC: 3007-9486-8232 IGN: Lucas
GT:Lagochocobo13
DuranmanX4 1 day ago#24
Joker13zz posted...
That its existence created this system board full of crap.


Better than the Wii U board
Retail Wii U and 3DS games: https://sta.sh/02egamz324w0
Retail PS4 and VITA games: https://sta.sh/09xbomh9bc4
Cocco 1 day ago#25
Overall I like the system... 
Lack of bluetooth to send pictures to PC and connect wireless earphones,no themes and the home interface are my main "problems". I would like to organize the icons in a way similar to 3ds.

Edit: and I would like a more direct access to other regions' eshop
(edited 1 day ago)quote
That it takes 10 days to view play time. WTF why
Currently playing: FE Awakening (Lunatic Classic), M&L: BIS, BOTW, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Friend Codes: 3DS; 0920-1231-4662, Switch: SW-5746-9343-2992
DaeboVidra 1 day ago#27
No save data backup.
I have no signature for the message boards
(edited 1 day ago)quote
The UI and feature set are legitimately terrible, both need a lot of improving and will undoubtedly get better as they update them.
mikey_205 1 day ago#29
Honestly its early in the systems lifecycle so there is a relative lack of games. Its temporary all systems go through this but still its worse with no backwards compatibility.
Pokemon X FC 4940-6875-7569
Cooldawg86 1 day ago#30
Metroid and Pokemon were announced too early and no Smash in sight. Thats a triple whammy.
Let me catch you buying a console at launch! >:(
(edited 1 day ago)quote
AnimeStalker 8 hours ago#31
metroidman18 posted...
mammyMinaji posted...
Paid online. I don't care how much cheaper it is in comparison. 

Damn it Nintendo. You were awesome in one of your own ways by still having free online unlike the PS4 and Xbox ONE, and now that's not happening anymore. I would say they should just go back to doing so since they keep delaying us from having to pay for online on it.

good riddance. it keeps children away who cant afford less than 2 dollars a month

That... makes absolutely no sense at all.

"Oh hey, let's make something that used to free payable now just to keep a certain type of person away, even if those type of people didn't really do anything wrong. I just want them away."
Lack of applications. No web browser or video services over half a year after release? And still nothing on VC??
Yomigaeru 7 hours ago#33
The fact that they're pushing LAN for a number of their games, yet require to buy an extra peripheral to make use of it, bothers me a great deal.

Are there some technical limitations for why the dock doesn't feature an ethernet port?
AWarAmp84 7 hours ago#34
-No VC
-Poor voice chat service
-Third part support is still lacking
One day when you are long gone you will be in someone's thoughts, and than you will never be thought of again.
radiobutton 7 hours ago#35
Agree with you TC, if there's one big thing I hate about the Switch... it's the WiFi. And not just the range... it's just plain screwy. I just bought a new router/repeater and my Switch can't even see it when scanning for hot spots. It can connect when plugged directly via LAN cable though.
(edited 7 hours ago)quote
Ace-of-Clubs 7 hours ago#36
Still no VC (and you just know it's going to suck when we do get it and have the same old overdone choices and no cool niche classics) and soon to be paid online.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"Final Fantasy XV its like Big Bazooka that fires with farts" - eisgiga
lmello 7 hours ago#37
No save data management/backup system.
ROB45 7 hours ago#38
Very weak system features and poor available game library are the main ones.
Fauch 7 hours ago#39
No browser/ebook-reader/VC

My Switch has seen minimal use after I was done with Zelda for various reasons, but since the Switch has no camera, it would have been ideally suited for my Sauna sessions.
Komm suesser Tod
not enough games out yet
Garrafan 5 hours ago#41
My complaint is the voice chat issue. Had to jump through so many hoops to play with friends during the last splatfest. 
I can also see why the crap Wi-Fi range can upset people but it hasn't affected me personally.
Switch FC SW-7054-1677-2803 feel free to add me!
http://i.imgur.com/rppjQec.png http://i.imgur.com/frnXxyM.gif
bbivens 5 hours ago#42
I am altogether out of free time. My wife, kids, friends have abandoned me due to the lack of free time for showering and using the actual bathroom as opposed to just deficating in my gaming chair. I haven't shaved in so long I look like a member of isis... 

I am hoping someone can help me roll over so I can get this 7 month old t shirt unstuck from my skin.
Every US Nintendo ever (sans virtual boy)... 
friend code SW-7237-8679-1684 - user name JustnBaily (you know, Zero Suit Samus)
sketchturner 4 hours ago#43
The system (in handheld mode) is not very ergonomic. I wish it would melt into my hands like the Pro Controller does.
Now Playing:Mario+Rabbids, Rogue Legacy, Slime-San
I would say it's overall too oversimplified in it's lack of features. No voice chat, no video apps, no browser, no folders, no save backup, etc.

Yomigaeru posted...
Are there some technical limitations for why the dock doesn't feature an ethernet port?


Considering you can plug in a USB Ethernet adapter, no.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
11clock 4 hours ago#45
My main complaint is the triggers on the joycons in sideways mode. They feel very mushy and hard to press.
hyperdimeduck 4 hours ago#46
No VC, and when we do get it, they still won't have GameCube games on it
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
DavCube 4 hours ago#47
Nintendo. y u no second kickstand? A stiff wind can blow that thing over.
No Animal Crossing.
#1 Paper Mario fan on this website. GOAT series (2001-2007) http://i.imgur.com/Aemgqnt.png
zado19 4 hours ago#49
too expensive considering whats been said above
"Besides the multiplatforms and exclusives, what else was there on PS4?" - Karmic Dragon2003
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqY6lLXxBAUq-7KSPbDYP5w
Littlefoot 4 hours ago#50
The fact that the dock can scratch the screen through no fault of your own.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What's a legitimate criticism you have of the Switch?
    1. Boards
    2. Nintendo Switch
    3. What's a legitimate criticism you have of the Switch?
    Xenoblade2 4 hours ago#51
    Analog stick locations on the joycons.
    Xenogears is my favorite RPG
    Zeon 3 hours ago#52
    Xenoblade2 posted...
    Analog stick locations on the joycons.

    this
    its kinda cramped
    Co Official D'va of the Overwatch Board, Screw PC =^_0= 
    Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.
    SSjYagami 3 hours ago#53
    Many but bad controls on Pro is the worst offender.
    Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.
    Cooldawg86 3 hours ago#54
    That its considered a portable console but the screen is too small for multiplay and the dock is too big to lug around. Thank god Nyko is solving all Nintendo's problems.
    Let me catch you buying a console at launch! >:(
    Hunter_mk 3 hours ago#55
    To me, how easy is to f*** up when you put the joycon straps wrong. I nearly panicked my first time.
    Been here for so long
    superbobhead 3 hours ago#56
    Motion controls still don't feel precise enough. There's not a lot of motion control games out there yet, but it still doesn't feel accurate enough.

    Also, a web browser. please.
    blablablax17 2 hours ago#57
    Battery. 
    I play like 90% in handheld mode and the battery is s***.
    Derp
    Seacliff217 2 hours ago#58
    That I can't permanently have the Menu icons zoomed out.
    BladeManEXE 2 hours ago#59
    I can only think of two things that really bother me about the system:

    1. No save backups.
    2. Joycons are slightly too... unergonomic when used on their own (not connected to Switch or grip). Wish they had a larger version.
    HylianKnight1 2 hours ago#60
    Voice chat on the Switch is a joke, and the joy-cons can be uncomfortable at times.
    Beep boop son, beep boop.
    (edited 2 hours ago)quote
    Pretty much everything about the online.

    By the time I want a Switch (probably when Metroid and/or Pokemon are out), I hope they have a "New Switch XL" that fixes most the problems you guys are experiencing. Small screen, small controller(s), bad battery life, bad Wifi connection, etc.

    If the processing power or whatever gets better, too, that'd be fantastic. I have a feeling Switch is going to either get gimped versions of 3rd party titles, or miss out on them altogether.
    Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
    Rare, you will be missed.
    Username2016 50 minutes ago#62
    I'm more surprised nobody has came to defend Nintendo against these valid complaints
    Lagochocobo13 45 minutes ago#63
    Username2016 posted...
    I'm more surprised nobody has came to defend Nintendo against these valid complaints

    Well it's one thing to say that these are problems it's another thing to bash Nintendo and say they break the system.
    FC: 3007-9486-8232 IGN: Lucas
    GT:Lagochocobo13
    doutforharambe 43 minutes ago#64
    One big one for me is the impracticality of having to use sd cards for storage. Since they are expensive compared to external storage. I get that the switch is portable, but they should really let you install an externall hdd to the dock and let you move files between to dock hdd and sd card for portability. That way you can choose which games you take on the go.
    Playing dat Persona 5!
    Username2016 43 minutes ago#65
    Lagochocobo13 posted...
    Username2016 posted...
    I'm more surprised nobody has came to defend Nintendo against these valid complaints

    Well it's one thing to say that these are problems it's another thing to bash Nintendo and say they break the system.

    Well yeah, I was mostly talking about the people who defend Nintendo on basically anything. A corporate shill, a fanboy etc;
    ZeldaFan14 42 minutes ago#66
    No Virtual Console (yet).
    Lagochocobo13 41 minutes ago#67
    Username2016 posted...
    Lagochocobo13 posted...
    Username2016 posted...
    I'm more surprised nobody has came to defend Nintendo against these valid complaints

    Well it's one thing to say that these are problems it's another thing to bash Nintendo and say they break the system.

    Well yeah, I was mostly talking about the people who defend Nintendo on basically anything. A corporate shill, a fanboy etc;

    I agree it's weird to see such a thread and no back and forth between trolls on both sides.
    FC: 3007-9486-8232 IGN: Lucas
    GT:Lagochocobo13
    kobalobasileus 2 minutes ago#68
    Patches and updates aren't stored on the game cards, but on internal storage (or SD card). It makes physical media a semi-useless afterthought, which is damned disappointing.
    1. Boards
    2. Nintendo Switch 
    3. What's a legitimate criticism you have of the Switch?

No comments:

Post a Comment