Search

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

How do you feel about microtransactions, dlc and ps plus?

  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How do you feel about microtransactions, dlc and ps plus?
Luckyneog 2 hours ago#1
Since these are among the various problems wrong with current gen consoles. Micro-transaction seems to be the new uprising thing in town and if not taken care of, it would spread unto almost everygame, this kind of s*** should be left for mobile. I get that you can choose wheather to buy them or not but why charge us extra for something that should be on disk in the first place? Dlc's are the one's i can say it's fully optional, and i have to admit it does add some great stuffs to the game. Ps plus can be pretty good with the free games and sales but locking multiplayer behind it is just uncalled for but what can we do? If we want the fun of playing online games, we might as well pay for it.
It ain't over till it's over, so until then i'm gonna take my time in finishing you off!!!
lambchips 2 hours ago#2
Love em.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
Chucky86 2 hours ago#3
MT-I don't buy them 

DLC-I buy the ones I want.

PS+-Been a memeber since day and I don't pay online often enough. Sucks that online is stuck behind a paywall though.
Damn, you are adorable. Did you pick that gun because it looks cool? You totally did, right? I ain't gonna lie. You scare the s*** out of me.
Pharsti01 2 hours ago#4
Microtransactions are s***, theyre either pay to win or mess up with the pacing of the game in order to push people to purchase them to advance. Either way, not something ill ever get.

DLC.... meh, 95% of it is useless skins and other miscellaneous stuff that i have no interest in whatsoever. Easy to ignore.
Nothing against them though, just almost never get them, exception to proper dlc like Witcher 3 expansions.
If its like that, its worth it.

Ps+ just isnt for me, i almost never play online (ive in total paid for 3 months of plus, one for BF4 and two for BF1). The "free" games arent worth it either, since its basically a rental service in which i dont even get to choose what im renting... so usually end up with something i would never play and dont care for or something ive already played.
JohnHitman47 2 hours ago#5
MT - most of them don't affect the game on a negative way, so i have no problem with them.

DLC - Extra content to prolonge the life of a game, so it has my support

PS+ - it has been great on PS4 so no complains here.
"If a game gets a demo/trial that means the game its dead" Jason19192, in basic words, BF1,TF2,Overwatch,IW, Destiny are dead, Jason19192 logic.
(edited 2 hours ago)reportquote
RyanEsau 2 hours ago#6
Mircotransacations - Optional. I'm not big on seeing them getting more and more common with non free to play titles though. I guess it's fine though. If you want to be lazy and buy some currency, want to fancy up with your character with some new outfits or weapon skins or whatever, go for it.

DLC - Optional. Perfectly fine. It's nice to get some extra content to expand the game for the bigger fans that are still playing the game or just fans willing to play some more if there's some extra content.

PlayStation Plus - Been a subscriber since like 2011. So I've been a subscriber pretty much since it's been a service. I don't really care to see Multiplayer being locked behind it, but whatever. If you really want to play online, you'll subscribe. I rarely play online this gen though personally. I do want to have the option open though, if I feel like playing online I want to be able to.

The only thing I dislike with PlayStation Plus is how the games we receive since the addition of PS4 has dropped the quality in a sense. I use to grab a game nearly every month or at least every other so I always had something to play, even when I finish the games I actually bought out of pocket.

But now I barely ever pick up any PS Plus titles. Meh.
PSN: RyanEsau | https://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau
PC: i7-6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sgt.Soldier/saved/FsQK8d
(edited 2 hours ago)reportquote
bmouse6 2 hours ago#7
Microtransactions - a continuously spreading mobile game disease.

DLC:

a) on rare occasions - a high quality expansion pack that is released well after the launch of the original game and enhances it by bringing in new features, mechanics and content.

b) mostly - content that has clearly been cut from the game or prepared in advance for a simultaneous release with the game, although priced separately; usually consists of skins, emotes, player animations, resource packs, uniquely named items like weapons and armor that you don't really need, overpowered stuff and so on.

PSPlus - Sony's own country club (with a membership fee, of course) for indie game afficionados and multiplayer maniacs.
PSN: bmouse
The thrown rose is only significant in it's insignificance.
Jiminip 2 hours ago#8
Meh, optional things are optional.

I'll buy whatever I deem worthy. Just like everyone does.
Proud member of The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society.
BenjaMan64 2 hours ago#9
Microtransactions - Don't really bother me. The only ones I purchase are Overwatch Loot Boxes, and only during events, such as Halloween or Anniversary.

DLC - Cool for people who want to expand their games. Not great when it's Day 1 story-related DLC (ME3's Javik, for example) and/or when they sell you the "true" ending through DLC. (Dead Rising 4, Asura's Wrath)

PS Plus - Great. Free games, nice discounts... it practically pays itself.
HE'S WATCHING YOU
(edited 1 hour ago)reportquote
Baz-Hazuki 1 hour ago#10
MT - Never brought one, never will.

DLC - If I think its worth it - i.e buying Protoman and Bass as playable characters in Megaman 9 & 10, of course I'm going to buy that, changes the whole game using a different character, adds new challenge and new ways to play.... that may have been the only DLC I have brought haha - I'll probably buy the new courses on Everybody's golf as I want to play all the courses.
Actual content additions to the game style DLC (extra levels etc), I will probably never buy, I play wayyy to many different games and only beat the games that keep me interested, but I am already on to my next game before I purchase any DLC.

PS+ - It is what it is, I understand why they charge as a business, it's too much money to lose by not making people pay for online nowadays, but I easily get more than my yearly fee back in store discounts and free games so I'm fine with it in that sense.
I knew she wasn't English as she spoke it far too well. The grammar was goodly, the verbs as they should be & her slang was bang on the bell.
VermilionX 1 hour ago#11
microtrans and DLC is fine... it's the way things are done now, it has both good and bad sides, just like not having any DLC and updates before was good and bad

PS+... i don't like the idea for paying for online play

also the reason i never tried any subscription based MMOs

anyway... i game mostly on PC now, free online and some games have good mods
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg
(edited 1 hour ago)reportquote
Lamace 1 hour ago#12
Microtransactions; by it's own nature I do not like nor support. If they aren't intrusive, or advertised in game, and are relegated to nothing but the PS Store, then I can ignore them easily enough. It's when they're all in your face with it, that really bothers me, and is becoming a dangerous trend.

DLC, like anything else, can be either excellent, or a waste of money. Like the Mass Effect expansions were usually excellent and well worth the money. But Oblivion's horse armor was just insulting.

As for PS Plus, I think it's fine. Sure, it sucks that you need it for multiplayer, but they do offer plenty of extra bonuses, like exclusive discounts, free games, free add ons, etc. I'm primarily a single player gamer, so I've never gotten it, but I don't think people are getting ripped off if they do buy it.
RPG terms I use;
Traditional RPG, Advanced RPG, Action RPG, Strategy RPG, and Hybrid RPG
Ubba84 1 hour ago#13
long hair don't care
CFN: DocDuk
I'm only mean when dumb people talk.
blakfayt 1 hour ago#14
I don't like microtransactions, but I love some well done DLC. I remember being a teen when DLC first started happening and my mind exploded. A game like Final Fantasy could release a whole new story for like $30 and bring people back to the game. You could expand the main story, or add new post game content, consoles could finally get expansions that PC gamers had been getting for years without buying Game of the Year editions like with Morrowind and Oblivion!

And then horse armor. There's a lot of DLCs I like, I buy the ones that are obviously going to be good like more story or actual content, but I avoid anything that's simply "here's a new gun" or new skins and what have you. It sucks companies can push that s*** out and people lap it up, but it's whatever. I'm all for ripping off people dumb enough to pay for obviously dumb s***.

PS+ is fine too. I play some of the free games they give out, almost wet myself when I got a Yakuza game for free on PS3.
VermilionX 1 hour ago#15
blakfayt posted...
I play some of the free games they give out


my problem with that is that it's not really free

more like a rental

it stops working when you stop paying for PS+


also... they rarely giveway good ones now unlike the 1st year of PS+

most are indie games
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg
(edited 1 hour ago)reportquote
Paying a subscription to play online to me is scam. People defend them by stating that it costs money to upkeep the servers. Which servers, the ones that the third party developer's provide? Even if there is a cost I'd rather pay for said cost: I don't want to have to pay for features I don't use. Which is the exact same argument that people who defend PSPlus use when we talk about bringing up the cost of games in exchange for getting rid of microtransactions. There's double standards right there.

DLC is fair as long as it's not deliberate cut content (FFXV DLC) and I'll only buy DLC if the content is worth the price.

Microtransactions are a plague. In a lot of the games they are usually unreasonably highly priced and I feel they take advantage of the young user base unfortunately. Loot Boxes are just as bad.

Edit: Microtransactions are actually directly affecting our games in a negative way too. GTA V for example deliberately makes the grind to earn in-game cash a lot harder to encourage players to buy shark cards. Call of Duty also have a scheme where they lock extra weapons behind an RnG loot box. People actually said that the odds of unlocking those extra weapons were higher percentage when you actually bought CoD points with real money.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, manThe Dude
(edited 1 hour ago)reportquote
Since these are among the various problems wrong with current gen consoles.


TC asks a question then promptly tells people how it should be answered. Shocker.

I feel the same way many of the reasonable, non-TC do on the subject. I buy what I want and don't instantly vilify the products or services that I am not buying.


Look at the people that feel so strongly against those things. Why are you here? Why are you even playing games when gaming clearly isn't matching up with your over-the-top opinions? You are doing nothing but suffering and trying to make other people miserable with your toxic attitudes.
It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or videogame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEYnEN-nRI
(edited 1 hour ago)reportquote
blakfayt 1 hour ago#18
VermilionX posted...
blakfayt posted...
I play some of the free games they give out


my problem with that is that it's not really free

more like a rental

it stops working when you stop paying for PS+


also... they rarely giveway good ones now unlike the 1st year of PS+

most are indie games

Because, that's not the point of the cost. You're paying for online. Don't use online? Don't pay and buy the games you want. Don't like the idea of paying for online like that guy two or three posts up? Don't pay. This is how capitalism works. You want the thing, they make you pay for it. "It's not fair. Those costs don't really go to-" yeah, well, come back to me when people are willing to talk health care before online co-op in viddy games.
VermilionX 1 hour ago#19
blakfayt posted...
Because, that's not the point of the cost. You're paying for online. Don't use online? Don't pay and buy the games you want. Don't like the idea of paying for online like that guy two or three posts up? Don't pay. This is how capitalism works. You want the thing, they make you pay for it. "It's not fair. Those costs don't really go to-" yeah, well, come back to me when people are willing to talk health care before online co-op in viddy games.



Yep I agree. Don't like it So I don't pay for it. Tho I did do 1month plus last month bec my friend wanted to play bloodborne

One of the many reasons I moved back to pc gaming

Free online is very nice
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg
(edited 1 hour ago)reportquote
POOKISTAN 1 hour ago#20
lambchips posted...
Love em.

The irony is there's plenty of people on this board that defend anti-consumer practices - My topic about how the bundle for Little Nightmares makes you pay more than you would if you bought the items separately turned into a s***-show pretty much immediately. With all the morons that are so eager to not only defend these practices, but even go as far as attack anyone who questions them, it's no wonder those within the gaming industry f*** us over so often. They know that whatever s***ty thing they decide to do next, there's an army of trolls on stand-by that will defend them tooth and nail...

*Waggles thumbs...*
blakfayt posted...
VermilionX posted...
blakfayt posted...
I play some of the free games they give out


my problem with that is that it's not really free

more like a rental

it stops working when you stop paying for PS+


also... they rarely giveway good ones now unlike the 1st year of PS+

most are indie games

Because, that's not the point of the cost. You're paying for online. Don't use online? Don't pay and buy the games you want. Don't like the idea of paying for online like that guy two or three posts up? Don't pay. This is how capitalism works. You want the thing, they make you pay for it. "It's not fair. Those costs don't really go to-" yeah, well, come back to me when people are willing to talk health care before online co-op in viddy games.


Gotta disagree here. When apart of the online fee includes monthly free games and PSPlus member discounts, then we're no longer just paying for online. Because those free games are not free and those member discounts are also not free. Some one has to pay for them. So basically to play online we have to pay a subscription for other features that some of us don't necessarily want.

It's be like going to the gas station, filling up your car and when paying, they charge you for a pressure check on your tyres. And your response to this situation is: Don't want to pay for a tyre pressure check, then don't buy gas.

It's an unreasonable solution to a small problem.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, manThe Dude
Luckyneog 1 hour ago#22
@arsenicsteel you've cleary stated about how you feel on the subject but coming here to throw insults to people who share different feelings is just not reasonable.
It ain't over till it's over, so until then i'm gonna take my time in finishing you off!!!
lambchips 1 hour ago#23
POOKISTAN posted...
The irony is there's plenty of people on this board that defend anti-consumer practices - My topic about how the bundle for Little Nightmares makes you pay more than you would if you bought the items separately turned into a s***-show pretty much immediately. With all the morons that are so eager to not only defend these practices, but even go as far as attack anyone who questions them, it's no wonder those within the gaming industry f*** us over so often. They know that whatever s***ty thing they decide to do next, there's an army of trolls on stand-by that will defend them tooth and nail...


Im not defending microtransactions at all.. I like the idea of continuous support to keep the players engaged in the world.

I see microtransactions as good direction for the industry as a whole because there are many things... lets get to the employees first.. 
Since the game is continuously pumping out new content, it means people get to keep their jobs after they finished the main game.

Having microtransactions also means the developers can continue adding lore and content into the game.. therefore expanding the universe.


From a consumer standpoint, its also good because those who cant afford it ( younger gamers) can just ignore them and play the game to unlock these benefits... while working adults can afford to support the developers a little here and there, to catch up because we have less time to play.

The biggest benefit microtransactions has to customers is that they keeps the cost of a game down because there are whales willing to give the developers the money they would lose from the development cycle. 
^ This means budget players can still take up gaming as a hobby and when these budget gamers get some extra cash, they can support the industry that has given them so much.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
(edited 1 hour ago)reportquote
Luckyneog posted...
@arsenicsteel you've cleary stated about how you feel on the subject but coming here to throw insults to people who share different feelings is just not reasonable.


Toxic attitudes is not an insult.
Questioning why people so upset over MTs, PS+, and DLC are still gaming and on a board dedicated to PS4 is not an insult.
It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or videogame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEYnEN-nRI
All have benefits and drawbacks
Proud Owner
Luckyneog 1 hour ago#26
@arsenicsteel so you expect anyone who doesn't like micsotransactions, dlc, ps plus to quit gaming? Btw i've not seen any toxicity on this thread apart from yours.
It ain't over till it's over, so until then i'm gonna take my time in finishing you off!!!
Not keen on Microtransactions, as the more people who buy them the more we'll see them in games when otherwise they wouldn't have been there. Luckily I'm not really a fan of these loot-based games that they seem to be appearing in, but the fact they were in something like Rise of the Tomb Raider just makes me lose a bit of respect for the game/developers.

DLC I've never bought either. Once I finish a game, I rarely go back to it, so being told I can pay £10 to go back to a game that's been gathering dust on my shelf for months isn't very appealing. It just feels like a bit of a slap in the face when it expands on the story and I'm made to feel like I'm missing out by not playing it. Bioshock Infinite is a prime example. It's always these games that later come out as a 'complete edition', and it just makes me think 'Jeez, so I got the incomplete edition because I wouldn't pay more than the price of every other retail game. Cheers for that.'

PS Plus I pay for, though with the new price increase I definitely think it's getting a tad on the expensive side. For the monthly games, discounts, and the odd bit of online play I do, I know I'd miss it if I didn't have it though. So it's still worth it to me, but only just about.
I have to return some videotapes
Chucky86 posted...
MT-I don't buy them 

DLC-I buy the ones I want.

PS+-Been a memeber since day and I don't pay online often enough. Sucks that online is stuck behind a paywall though.


Basically exactly how I feel except I originally paid for Plus so I could get cloud saves of locked save files (like the Souls games) on PS3 so for me it's still well worth it. I'll gladly pay $60 a year to not lose hundreds of hours of progress when my system inevitably dies.

I also don't feel like any of those things are a cancer on gaming the way people make it seem around here.
You look EXTREMELY immature when you announce that you're about to ignore someone. No one cares, including the person about to be ignored. Just FYI.
Crysiania 1 hour ago#29
MT = fine on free to play games, taking the piss on full price games.

PS plus = well... we all know its just easy money for sony. Practically prints money.
(edited 1 hour ago)reportquote
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
Gotta disagree here. When apart of the online fee includes monthly free games and PSPlus member discounts, then we're no longer just paying for online. Because those free games are not free and those member discounts are also not free. Some one has to pay for them. So basically to play online we have to pay a subscription for other features that some of us don't necessarily want.

It's be like going to the gas station, filling up your car and when paying, they charge you for a pressure check on your tyres. And your response to this situation is: Don't want to pay for a tyre pressure check, then don't buy gas.

It's an unreasonable solution to a small problem.

They're not charging you for that, though. You can make arguments that everything they give you has some sort of backend charge, but what you, the customer, is presented is not that - you are presented the service. Period. End of line. Finito.

For your example, they don't say "Gas is $2.579 / gallon, but you gotta also buy a $5 tire pressure check to get that price." This is akin to saying "Gas is $2.809 / gallon, and this includes a free tire pressure check." Now, what if you go "I don't want the gas, I just want the free tire pressure check?" Well, that depends on them - though in this simile with Sony and PS+, I'd say it's akin to the attendant telling you "Sorry, you have to buy at least one gallon to get that." Now, what if you say, as in your example, "I don't want the tire pressure check?" Well, you can refuse it - but gas won't magically be cheaper as a result. You need the gas, you pay for the gas. You need the tire check, you pay to get the tire check. Simply because they're in the same package doesn't mean you're entitled to pick and choose - you're not the one offering the service.

So, ultimately, it boils down to this - do you want what they offer, and are you willing to pay what they dictate the price is? It doesn't matter if you use none, part, or all of the features they offer you for your PS+ subscription - if you want it, you pay. If you don't, you don't.



This is one of the reasons why you don't see this sort of thing on PC - the PS4 and XB1 are closed platforms. Sony and Microsoft are the end-all-be-all for the system. Digital purchase? They're the gate guard. Online play? They're the gate guard. Simple messaging features? Yup, same there. Even using something like Netflix? Guess who you have to go through for that before you connect to Netflix's servers, and who has to verify an update to the Netflix app before it gets pushed to end-users? You got it - those two. On PC? It's an open platform. If... say, Steam starts charging for their matchmaking features, I guarantee you very shortly afterwards you'd see more tings like the old MPlayer and Gamespy networks start popping up, if not devs outright going through non-Steam distribution platforms that also offer matchmaking services (Origin, UPlay, GOG, etc.) or just using plain old direct-IP connections to privately-hosted servers. No gateguard you MUST use, you have options.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
DuneMan 1 hour ago#31
When companies start selling individual colors separately for items in their games as microtransactions you know something has gone horribly wrong for the consumer. One has to wonder what sort of indoctrination causes some people to defend that practice.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
so you expect anyone who doesn't like micsotransactions, dlc, ps plus to quit gaming?

No, I asked a question. 

Btw i've not seen any toxicity on this thread apart from yours.


Which is par for the course in internet arguments. It's rather easy to outright ignore the attitude of comments when their opinion matches your own.
It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or videogame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFEYnEN-nRI
WTGHookshot 1 hour ago#33
I'm very indifferent to it all. I'm neither for nor against most of it, really. If DLC or microtransactions appear like they will ruin a game for me, then I just won't buy the game, but I am also not against publishers/developers putting them in... After all, it is their game; they can do whatever they want with it. If the decision hurts their reputation and, therefore, their sales, that's on them. If the decision does good and makes them a ton of money, then it's on the people who were willing to buy into such schemes. PS Plus still offers games that I enjoy as part of the Instant Game Collection and I love the SharePlay feature; I am not particularly a fan of paying for online multiplayer, especially because I play so little of it in the first place (maybe once or twice a month). However, I'd still be paying for Plus for the other features (especially the discounts and SharePlay), so it barely bothers me about the multiplayer.
DuneMan posted...
When companies start selling individual colors separately for items in their games as microtransactions you know something has gone horribly wrong for the consumer. One has to wonder what sort of indoctrination causes some people to defend that practice.

Nah, people will always try to overreach for things they shouldn't - it's human nature.

Now, if that stuff is successful? That's when you should start questioning the process. Remember, we're the same race of people who had a DRM-locked juicer.

A DRM-locked juicer.

And even that flopped.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
Shadowbird_RH 54 minutes ago#35
DLC can be good, so can Amiibos, but only if used the right way. That said, between DLC and achievements, in-game unlockables have nearly died out, which is a pretty sad trend. As such, even though it's not nearly as abusive as day one/on-disk DLC, I won't pay for costume/item/equipment DLC.
Microtransactions and locking online features behind a paywall are both scams, overcharging - usually by a massive degree - for what they cost to implement.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully. R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
Omega Ruby Secret Base - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrht5cvsjiyfnrj/SecretBase.JPG
Natural510 48 minutes ago#36
Microtransactions are okay if they're strictly cosmetic, like in Destiny or The Division. Not okay if they are pay-to-win, like in GTA Online.

DLC is preferable, because you are paying for actual content on a level playing field, and all players have equal access and chance for progression.

PS Plus I never had an issue with.
PSN: WarriorNat
Max58201 47 minutes ago#37
MT - as long as they don't effect the grind in the base game 

DLC I love new content

PS+ I rather pay and have higher quality service versus it being free and having customer service be an incompetent nightmare. Both Sony and Microsoft support has been some of the best I've ever dealt with because they get the funds for it.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
Ultimaspirit 41 minutes ago#38
MT's I don't mind if they're cosmetic.
DLCs depends on the content. Horse armor is s***
PS+ sucks to have to pay to play games I played online for free last gen, such as GTA Online. I don't play online anymore other than games that don't require plus.
People with waifus creep me out
WTGHookshot 40 minutes ago#39
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
Gotta disagree here. When apart of the online fee includes monthly free games and PSPlus member discounts, then we're no longer just paying for online. Because those free games are not free and those member discounts are also not free. Some one has to pay for them. So basically to play online we have to pay a subscription for other features that some of us don't necessarily want.

It's be like going to the gas station, filling up your car and when paying, they charge you for a pressure check on your tyres. And your response to this situation is: Don't want to pay for a tyre pressure check, then don't buy gas.

It's an unreasonable solution to a small problem.

And what would the reasonable solution be, from the consumer's perspective? (i.e., something the consumer can do, not the company magically reversing its decision for no apparent reason)

Companies have proven over and over again that words don't matter to them. Money is what talks. The consumer can complain until they are blue in the face, but if you are handing over money with your hand while complaining, all the company is going to care about is the money you are handing over, not the words coming out of your mouth. So, what is the reasonable solution you have that will make the company change their mind and offer the tire pressure check separately, if words don't work but money does?
Gothdom 37 minutes ago#40
Dungeons and Dragons online has the best F2P microtransaction model. It's F2P for the main quest, you can buy other quests with money or points, which are awarded for completing quests... So if you invest time in the game, you can end up with everything for free. Also, the more quests you have the easier it is to gather points.

And sometimes they add more free quests to the game. The game is 10 years old, butt ugly, but fun and interesting.
Newhopes 36 minutes ago#41
DLC=don't mind as long as it's a extention of a game rather than bits ripped from it to be sold later.

PS+=Don't care don't play on line.

Microtransactions=Are a massive negitive to me, if a game has lots of them I tend to avoid buying them.
rjames80 16 minutes ago#42
None of it bothers me. I just skip whatever doesn't appeal to me and don't spend any of my time worrying about how other people choose to spend their money.
"I know it's crooked, but it's the only game in town." - Canada Bill Jones
OracleGunner 14 minutes ago#43
MT- So long as it doesn't affect the gameplay and is just skins, I don't give a flying f***.
DLC- If I like the game and it's a good expansion, then I don't really have a problem. 
PS+- Meh, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's uninteresting.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:5
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
ShELbY_GT500 13 minutes ago#44
@WTGHookshot

The only way that we could change it is by unanimously cancelling our subscription service. If that happened then Sony would be forced to provide a better solution. Either by allowing multiplayer for free or by giving us more freedom with what we want with our service like:

Online only $20 
Free monthly games $20 
Member discounts $20
All of the above $60

Would that ever happen? No. But that's the only way to change it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, manThe Dude
melisyoo 7 minutes ago#45
MT and DLC at least you can avoud. And sometimes DLCs are good. PS+ is pretty much shoved down our throats if you want to play online.
The consequences of erudite vernacular utilized irrespective of necessity. 
As known as making oneself appear imbecile by using big words to impress people.
synklare 6 minutes ago#46
DLC - Non issue.

PS+ - The service could definitely be improved but I'll continue to pay as it's the only way to play online within the ecosystem.

Microtransactions - Fine for the most part, but loot boxes are a blight on the industry and I despise them. Create small bits of extra content and allow me to purchase them directly, dont expect me to pay for the chance of the getting an item I want. Simple.
Xbox Live & PSN : Hybridizm
The Kirkhammer Enthusiast
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4 
  3. How do you feel about microtransactions, dlc and ps plus?

No comments:

Post a Comment