Search

Monday, August 28, 2017

What will it take for you as a 3DS owner to upgrade to a Switch?

  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What will it take for you as a 3DS owner to upgrade to a Switch?
Just curious what it will take for the common 3DS owner to upgrade to Nintendos newest handheld console.

Personally, getting console quality games like Skyrim on the go sold me on the Switch. Now, I won't even buy a game if it isn't on the Switch!
Zelda BoTW is a highly overrated game. In my opinion it deserves a 6/10.
Proof I own a Switch/Zelda with all DLC: http://imgur.com/a/OsbZ0
xF0x 4 days ago#2
Definitive upgrade. I waited for a "Lite" version of 3DS and never bought one until they released the New models. I'm going to do the same with Switch.
Everything will be fire.
Shibby_123 4 days ago#3
Switch games having a price drop.
Serp_BAE 4 days ago#4
I've already done so
Having a blast already
Picked up Botw and Sonic Mania
Plan to get SMO, Prime 4, and the Gen 8 mon games
'You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?'
IGN: Seerat (M) 3DS FC: 2294-8502-6226. Currently Playing: Zelda BoTW and Pokemon Moon
Gogo726 4 days ago#5
It'll take a 3D Zelda game for me to upgrade. It doesn't matter if the game is on the Wii U or not.
Raccoon1988 4 days ago#6
Fire emblem, Dragon quest and persona 5.

The new ace attorney also.
Yo-kai Watch 
Cuteness is Justice!!!
ecylis 4 days ago#7
LayDownAndRot 4 days ago#8
Gogo726 posted...
It'll take a 3D Zelda game for me to upgrade. It doesn't matter if the game is on the Wii U or not.


There is a 3d Zelda
Zelda BoTW is a highly overrated game. In my opinion it deserves a 6/10.
Proof I own a Switch/Zelda with all DLC: http://imgur.com/a/OsbZ0
HyperonicX 4 days ago#9
Already have a Switch.

Beaten BOTW, and got nothing else to play.
I do have Blaster Master Zero, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, and Wonder Boy, but other then them, nothing. (I did buy Sonic Mania, but I hated it, so I deleted it.)
Caboose: That also led to a discovery of a land to the north, which Kolumbo called Canada. Canada is Spanish for "You're welcome!"
Sarge: WHAT!?
mattchew071 4 days ago#10
My 3DS backlog. I have so many games I would like to get out of the way before getting a Switch. Money isn't the issue but rather time is. Hell I have a couple DS games I have to beat still.
3DS FC- 1032 1519 2019
either some kind of cheat device/save editor or it having at least 10 games that intrest me that i can not play anywhere else when either happens is when i will get a switch since over the past 7 years nintendo has pissed me off way too much with its practices and choices that not even a switch having one of my three system selling series would be enough for me to go out and get one
Cletus Kasady/Carnage Is The Greatest Villain Of All Time
S'up Im Karnage The Ultimate Cheater I Love to Cheat If You Don't Like It It's Your Problem Not Mine
MeowMix101 4 days ago#12
Let me have save data on a sd card so I can back up my games cause currently Nintendo has killed my interest in the switch or till the modding community fully finds a way to do it.
already got 2 switches and multiple 3dses
"at least be grateful Nintendo isn't charging you right now." -Unknown
Lesson to be learned: Be grateful for mediocrity.
pancrada 4 days ago#14
mattchew071 posted...
My 3DS backlog. I have so many games I would like to get out of the way before getting a Switch. Money isn't the issue but rather time is. Hell I have a couple DS games I have to beat still.

I have the samen problem. I still need to buy plenty of ds games, and after that a ton of 3ds games. It is also the reason Why I haven't upgraded yet.
Stealy 4 days ago#15
I still have so many games to play for other systems I usually wait a couple years for a new system to get a bunch of games I want to play.
1. It would have to be in stock..
2. Cheaper games. Maybe there will be more Selects in time, but I don't think they want to drop the MSRP.
3. Would like a mobile only version at a lower price. I don't think I would ever dock it, and it doesn't use its full power in handheld mode. I'd think they could figure out a way to do it, but they seem like they don't want to do anything that will make it stray from hybrid status. (I think they said that's why they won't enable the dock to work with external hard drives)

Really in no rush... since I buy games much faster than I play them. I've got like half a dozen I never even opened up...and dozens more that are incomplete.
GameFAQs likes to hide this feedback link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/feedback/
xxdudeyy 4 days ago#17
Drop in price for everything switch related, The console especially. It's 470 where i live. 

Except, maybe the games. 

Also a dock with a wider slot made so that the switch tablet doesn't get scratched. It heating problem that melts and bends the tablet has no chance of happening in future models.

It becomes fully online capable, like internet browser and such. I can live with the Nintendo version of the Xbox gold yearly subscription they're doing. Oh and a real long battery life, like 12 hours to even 20 hours. 

Links:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCRezWuXUAAOmR8.jpg:large
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231637289#post231637289
https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/10/14885702/nintendo-switch-dock-scratch
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/nintendo-switch-bending-problems-are-still-a-thing/
Gday
A lot more games.
People who start a sentence with "PSA", are usually a PoS.
A complete personality transplant. I'm not a console gamer. I don't even watch TV.
How many hours can a person hunt monsters and not get bored? ...Uh, don't answer that.
~ The Fishmongress
For me to get a job.
If you mean to replace my 3DS entirely, not happening. Unless they allow a system transfer and the Switch grows a 3DS cart slot somehow. 

As far as buying one in addition, Dragon Quest, SOS, Pokemon...a game that I know I will plonk at least a couple hundred hours in and a bunch of other games either upcoming or announced in that same vein. Legend of Skyri..I mean, Zelda...isn't my cup of tea and if I decide it is, I do have a WiiU.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976
dizanimator 4 days ago#22
Mostly money, but that would be for adding a Switch, not getting rid of my 3DS and replacing it with a Switch. I have many 3DS games I enjoy, and am planning to upgrade my original 3DS to a New 3DS XL soon. The Switch interests me, but being a new system and not backwards compatible, doesn't have quite enough games for me yet, although I am watching it.
TinyTim123 4 days ago#23
Games I want to play.
I have no interest in Zelda or Mario or Mario Kart or Splatoon. 
I like Kirby and Animal Crossing on the Nintendo side of things, but I liked the third party games more on 3DS.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.
Metastase 4 days ago#24
Some awesome 3rd person/top down camera ARPG with extreme replayability and good looking character customization.

That said, the clock is ticking. If the Switch takes too long to offer something of this caliber, I'll jusy buy a GPD Win or something instead.
Nothing at all. I don't buy consoles anymore.
bunnie88 4 days ago#26
There's nothing out there that could force me to switch. What use do i have for a Home console when i've been mostly a portable gamer for over a decade now?
Am currently seeking people to add to my System for SwapDoodle
Oh, can I add a couple of things?

1) Battery life that actually make it a decent handheld, not just a home console that happens to be portable.

2) I'll wait for the Switch Mini if possible, because that thing looks like it would MURDER my hands and wrists. Probably okay with disconnected joycons, though I hear the switch stand is s***.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976
Games, price drop, and seeing if the games that I might care about will require a yearly online subscription.

I've had a free opportunities to pick a Switch up including earlier today, but there's just no games for it. Least none that I care about enough to sell me on an entire console.
FC: 5112-4220-0277
Cocco 4 days ago#29
I like the Switch, bought it on day one... Love the console and think that so far the release schedule is promising. For me it's not an upgrade however, at least for now, but a complementary system. The lack of backward compatibility and a limited game library make my 3DS stay as my main console.
lifelack 4 days ago#30
Atlus and Xseed mostly.
And games not beeing 79$ cad.
Akira1256 4 days ago#31
This isn't a stealth "why haven't you upgraded to the Switch yet?" topic, is it?

But, yeah. No backward compatibility with anything else, and the fact that I can buy quite a few more games for my 3DS, PS3, etc., with the $60-70 they're currently asking for Switch games in my area...

My sister has a Switch, so I can play it if I want... even though I think all they have is BoTW.
My sig is away, busy contemplating itself.
ObZen46 4 days ago#32
Already have Switch & it is a really good system; however, I still play 3DS way more. It's going to take time for the Switch library to match the 3DS'.
PSN: rob302
Switch: SW-6156-5316-3129
Roy_Turkey 4 days ago#33
Time.
I don't "sell" systems. Its just a matter of whats in the works for future Switch titles.
For me so far, it has the lowest exclusive count I'm interested in. Though its a amazing little system/hand held, I'd like to see more Indie games from Steam arrive.
Wanna know what Uranium smells like?... You not need travel very far..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzbvTvlErE0
MawiocUdwoc 3 days ago#34
Even if I get a Switch I'm not selling my 3DS, I don't sell anything for that matter since there are still plenty of games to play on each of my consoles.

I'd rather wait forever until I can afford something rather than selling what I have just to own the newest product, I'm just not like that.
yomomma0919 3 days ago#35
Games.
FC: 0533 4875 0540 IGN: Luna
Playing: Fire Emblem Echoes, Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS)
JustABox 3 days ago#36
More games than just Breath of the Wild and Metroid Prime 4 (which is a 2019 game at the earliest most likely) interesting me.
Favorite Series: Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid, Trails of Cold Steel, God Eater, Devil May Cry
Still foolishly hoping for Skies of Arcadia sequel
Darkstorm16 3 days ago#37
You kidding? I still have my gba, dslite and gb....why get rid of those and the 3ds to upgrade? I'm keeping all but I also have a switch
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA
Gogo726 3 days ago#38
LayDownAndRot posted...
Gogo726 posted...
It'll take a 3D Zelda game for me to upgrade. It doesn't matter if the game is on the Wii U or not.


There is a 3d Zelda

Yes. And that's what it took for me to buy a Switch
Tymothy 3 days ago#39
I wouldn't have 2 gaming system in same time. (No time to play both) So... is either wait for 3DS successor with backward compatibility or wait for Switch 2.0 if Nintendo only made 1 gaming device in future.
(edited 3 days ago)reportquote
BahamutBBob 3 days ago#40
Personally, while I know the Switch is portable, I don't see it as an "upgrade" over the 3DS, so I wouldn't "upgrade" fro my 3DS to a Switch. I might eventually upgrade from my Wii U to a Switch, however. I need a killer app on the Switch before I get one, though. I won't buy it for any games I already have on my U (Mario Kart 8 or BotW) so there's that.
XBL / PSN / Steam / NNID: BahamutBBob
3DS: 2320 - 6245 - 8788
Ben111 3 days ago#41
FREE ONLINE
Also 40$ games and a 80-200$ system
Also a good variety of games I have never played before
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
Have both already.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi
skibo8826 3 days ago#43
At least 5 games that I want to play and for the system to be readily available for purchase. Right now, they are 3 games I want to play:

- Mario Odyssey
- Mario v. Rabbids
- Splatoon 2

I'd play BotW, but I've never been a huge Zelda fan, so that is something I'd pick up when I don't have anything else actively on my radar. I suspect that I'll probably just cave and grab a Switch this holiday season if I can find one, but I am going to be purchasing the Samus Edition N3DSXL next month. Also, as others have said, I wouldn't view the Switch as a 3DS replacement. Switch is still primarily a home console to me.
GT/PSN: mashbaugh67
Price drop to 200 dollars. 

Really that's the only thing that would make me want to buy a super underpowered console. It's not a handheld, regardless of how much Nintendo shills it to be.
Haru is best waifu in Persona 5.
mirage_004 3 days ago#45
boomstickbhg posted...
A lot more games.
Need a new signature here.
alphapipi 3 days ago#46
Time, and People to stop asking me what it would take for me to "upgrade" to the switch.
JAFAX 22:June 29th - July 1st , 2018 in Grand Rapids, MI. | http://www.jafax.org |
Home of Cosplay Battle Arena: Fight your friends!
MDS2005 2 days ago#48
Ben111 posted...
FREE ONLINE

This.
The scam's a deal breaker.
...or whatever.
Aquamew 2 days ago#49
- money
- 3DS backwards compatibility (I know, it already doesn't have this, but it would be the only way I'd consider it an upgrade as opposed to just... a new system)
- new Ace Attorney
Offworlder1 2 days ago#50
I just bought a New 3DS XL a few months ago because I have a feeling Nintendo is going to phase it out soon, and I wanted the special Pikachu system that came with a charger.

Not interested at all in the Switch.
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What will it take for you as a 3DS owner to upgrade to a Switch?
    1. Boards
    2. Nintendo 3DS
    3. What will it take for you as a 3DS owner to upgrade to a Switch?
    dogwarrior 2 days ago#51
    I consider the Switch to be more in-line with the WiiU than the 3DS as far as an upgrade goes. The current line up of games for the Switch doesn't interest me, if Breath of the Wild would've been Switch exclusive I might have gotten it for that. I still think Nintendo will create an actual successor to the 3DS line eventually.
    Steam- SonofClap | PSN - AstrayDream | XBL - AstrayRED JG | 3570K - GTX 1080Ti
    MegaKingdra 2 days ago#52
    dogwarrior posted...
    I consider the Switch to be more in-line with the WiiU than the 3DS as far as an upgrade goes. The current line up of games for the Switch doesn't interest me, if Breath of the Wild would've been Switch exclusive I might have gotten it for that. I still think Nintendo will create an actual successor to the 3DS line eventually.

    switch is a handheld
    the hybrid pr talk is to warrant home console priced games and a soon-to-be paid online service that would be ridiculous to sell on the handheld the switch actually is
    it is still laughable as the home console part is also really f***ing lacking/half-assed, but the paid service hasnt kicked in yet, so they still have time to improve it and make it worth it
    truth is something everyone can spread but that very few can handle
    Gladiant 2 days ago#53
    Rune Factory 5.

    I will buy any console can let me play that game.
    Pokemon Moon - FC: 0190-2774-1631
    sentoworf 2 days ago#54
    SMT, Xenoblade, FE, Zelda, Metroid

    All of these have been announced so now I play the waiting game until Xeno 2 comes out and I can find a switch in my area.
    Playing: Sonic Mania, Persona 5, Fire Emblem Echoes
    echa_One 2 days ago#55
    At least 10 RPGs that I want.
    meestermj 2 days ago#56
    Serp_BAE posted...
    I've already done so
    Having a blast already
    Psn: beastlytoast
    Left-handed fire-slapsies leave me feeling confused about life. - Merydia
    dogwarrior 2 days ago#57
    MegaKingdra posted...
    dogwarrior posted...
    I consider the Switch to be more in-line with the WiiU than the 3DS as far as an upgrade goes. The current line up of games for the Switch doesn't interest me, if Breath of the Wild would've been Switch exclusive I might have gotten it for that. I still think Nintendo will create an actual successor to the 3DS line eventually.

    switch is a handheld
    the hybrid pr talk is to warrant home console priced games and a soon-to-be paid online service that would be ridiculous to sell on the handheld the switch actually is
    it is still laughable as the home console part is also really f***ing lacking/half-assed, but the paid service hasnt kicked in yet, so they still have time to improve it and make it worth it

    I'd prefer to use it in docked mode anyway given the option and with the pro controller. That's another gripe though with the cost of accessories being what they are. Will wait for a must have exclusive before getting one, which will probably be the next Zelda in 4 or 5 years.
    Steam- SonofClap | PSN - AstrayDream | XBL - AstrayRED JG | 3570K - GTX 1080Ti
    iMURDAu 2 days ago#58
    Here's what Switch needs (besides actually being on a store shelf for me to buy):

    Monster Hunter. And it isn't getting World so that's a huge problem.

    Fire Emblem. Next year. But when?

    Smash Bros. I'd like to think they're going to make a Switch version but it's been almost 6 months since launch and there's been no mention of a port. Makes me wonder if they're making a whole new game.

    Virtual Console. And not rentals as a "reward" for paying for online service. N64, and GCN games on the go would be amazing.

    Real third party support. It seems since the system is underpowered that new games are completely out of the question. I really want to play RDR 2 and Monster Hunter World when they come out. Guess I need to buy a PS4 instead of a Switch. Also it seems that if a third party wants to put their major game out on Switch it has to have Nintendo exclusive content like Minecraft, Skyrim or Rocket League. But what if a dev doesn't want to have their character wearing a Hylian shield?
    My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
    - Mitch Hedburg
    A: The Switch isn't a true handheld. It's a replacement for the Wii U, not the 3DS.

    B: Why not own both? Since the the Switch can't play 3DS games, it wouldn't make sense to drop the 3DS in favor of the Switch.
    With great responsibility comes great power.
    1. More games that I didn't play on my Wii U.
    2. Change in design or fix to the bending issue.
    3. Better way to communicate online.
    4. More 3rd party games.
    5. When I actually clear my backlog on my 3ds. That is gonna take a while.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
    3DS Friend Code 1092-2676-3451 USA East Coast
    @iMURDAu, keep in mind that the 3ds was out quite a while before it got Smash 4. So just because they didn't come right out and say it, it will on the way at some point.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
    3DS Friend Code 1092-2676-3451 USA East Coast
    More games. Right now there's Breath of Wild, which I have on Wii U, and Mario Kart 8: Deluxe which is not worth full price for just an upgrade of a game I already own, much less worth paying for a new console.
    Reading: A Night Without Stars - Peter F. Hamilton
    http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
    zxxcman 2 days ago#63
    The pokemon RPG, and how good it is.

    I'll get a Switch regardless. It got enough decent to good games to interest me (espically since I skipped the Wii U, and it seems that basically every Wii U game worth getting is getting Switch version), so it's a question of when, really. The earliest being summer 2018, the latest being fall 2020. Depending on how many good exclusives it gets, and potential upgraded models (DSlite/i to DS, New 3DS to 3DS)
    I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
    Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.
    alphapipi 2 days ago#64
    iMURDAu posted...
    Smash Bros. I'd like to think they're going to make a Switch version but it's been almost 6 months since launch and there's been no mention of a port. Makes me wonder if they're making a whole new game.

    I think Smash 5 will be out after Gen 8 of Pokémon
    Melee was released after Generation 2
    Brawl was released after Generation 4
    3DS/WiiU was released after Generation 6
    JAFAX 22:June 29th - July 1st , 2018 in Grand Rapids, MI. | http://www.jafax.org |
    Home of Cosplay Battle Arena: Fight your friends!
    GeekyDad 2 days ago#65
    More storage, bigger library, homebrew, $99 price tag...

    So, yeah, the end of its life-cycle.
    The new GFAQs interface blows a$$!
    My 3DS FC: 1418-6769-0538
    iMURDAu 2 days ago#66
    Numbnuts posted...
    @iMURDAu, keep in mind that the 3ds was out quite a while before it got Smash 4. So just because they didn't come right out and say it, it will on the way at some point.


    I'm sure Switch will get a Smash game. Smash 4 wasn't out before 3DS... it was produced in tandem with the Wii U version. My point is Smash 4 exists right now and there's really no reason to put out a deluxe version of Mario Kart and not have a deluxe version of Smash that includes the DLC. 

    I'd like to ask Nintendo, are there many Mario Kart 8 tournaments? Does that game have many streamers? Do any of those streamers average 2500 viewers? Holy crap there's 5 live channels on twitch for it right now with 10 total viewers and two channels have zero viewers. Meanwhile Shine 2017 pools have close to 4300 viewers.
    My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
    - Mitch Hedburg
    10 or so games i actually want to buy that are exclusives.
    itis41269 2 days ago#68
    How is it an "upgrade" again ?
    "Destiny by sinner sought , Tragedy by power wrought "-M'booby
    PSN:whatitis4u/friend code:0834-1025-1958/GT:XwhatitisX
    DesuDeku 2 days ago#69
    More money so I can buy it
    I already have a Switch. I like the Switch but I haven't dropped the 3DS like a hot potato.

    Granted, my 3DS play time has taken a hit over the last 6-8 months (the job I started at the beginning of the year keeps me busy) but I intend to go back and finish some games. Yesterday I was playing Kirby: Planet Robobot and Metroid II: The Return of Samus.
    Mattician 1 day ago#71
    Just waiting until Pokemon comes out. Then I'll get a Switch, Super Mario Odyssey, and Pokemon the day it comes out.
    ecco6t9 18 hours ago#72
    3DSXL sized with built in controls and no JoyCons.
    Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
    0-172 10 hours ago#73
    The Switch isn't an upgrade over the 3DS, it's a completely unrelated system. I currently actively play both, by the way.
    3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673, Switch FC: SW-4938-4365-6878
    Now playing: AC:NL, Splatoon2, Dragon Quest VIII, Yokai Watch 2
    What is with these dumb topics that seem to assume you can own only one gaming system, period? Not only are people getting political with their brand (Nintendo vs Microsoft vs Sony) but now with different systems under the same brand. 

    Yesterday I played a little Splatoon2 on my Switch, some Dragon Quest VIII on my 3DS, and a little GTA V and Fallout 4 on my PS4. Goodness me, someone better send the gaming police to arrest me for non-exclusivity!
    "Belly up, comrades, and let Korgan flail the bladder for a spell." - Korgan, Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn
    Blayshy 8 hours ago#75
    The Switch is not a handheld.
    Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
    -Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.
    1. Boards
    2. Nintendo 3DS 
    3. What will it take for you as a 3DS owner to upgrade to a Switch?

No comments:

Post a Comment